Laugh with us, cry with us, and learn about AUTISM!

Friday 26 October 2012

Rubber Duckies and Spoons... The Beginning.


My life has been in turmoil for the last 8 months.  I have been dealing with a lot of things.  The birth of our new baby Sofia, the aftermath of it with some postpartum depression.  The new responsibility of caring for two children, rather than just one.  But,  the most difficult thing, something I scoffed at when my husband first mentioned it, something I didn't want to believe…  Something that nobody outside of family, close friends, and doctors have been told of…  Still, we have no definitive diagnosis, but, I think it’s time to start sharing our story.  So here it is:


Josie has Autism.

There are a lot of people who didn't believe it could be true.  There are still people who refuse to accept that my older daughter is anything but a normal two year old.  I have come to terms with the fact that there will be people who will never accept there is something wrong, even once we have the diagnosis.  But my husband and I, the speech therapist, the infant development people, and our family doctor, know this is not true.  Josie is far from normal.

However, I have come to accept her for what she is, my beautiful and still perfect little girl.

The blog posts that will follow will tell our story.  I hope that by reaching out to my family, my friends, and strangers, I can help at least one family during their time of distress.


I selected this post to be featured on my blog’s page at Autism Blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...