Laugh with us, cry with us, and learn about AUTISM!

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Activity - Sensory Bags

I kept seeing sensory bags on Pinterest and Facebook.  They looked fantastic!  I thought Josie would really love them, she likes to look and point at things in books. (Yay for pointing!)  So I decided to make some.




My first attempt was a bust!  My first mistake...  Dollarama bags.  Not just that, but they were the slide and lock kind.  Cheap bags - do not do that!  

My second mistake was reinforcing the edges of said bags using packing tape... from the dollar store.  Once again, not a good idea.  

So, my first set leaked all over the place.  But Josie seemed to like them, so I decided to make a second attempt.  This time it went much better, no leakers yet!  Here is how I did it:

Supplies

Ziploc double zipper freezer bags
Nail polish remover
Paper towels
Little trinkets (ie. buttons, pompoms, small animal figures, googly eyes, beads etc)
Glitter
Sequins
SpaSoap
Food Colouring
Duct Tape

Directions

Step 1

Remove the writing from the ziploc bags by using a bit of nail polish remover and the paper towel.  Zoila!  Who'd of thought?

Step 2

Put duct tape around the three sealed edges of the bag (for reinforcement.)

Step 3

Put trinkets into the bags.  I did 8 bags, they were:  Alphabet, numbers, dinosaurs, farm animals, wild animals, googly eyes, frogs, and a mixed bag with pompoms, buttons, etc.  Also add glitter and/or sequins if desired.

Step 4

Squeeze liquid soap into the bags.  I did about 8 squeezes per bag.  Yes, I counted.

Step 5

Add food colouring if desired.

Step 6

Remove as much air as easily possible, then seal the bags WELL!  Make sure they are completely sealed.

Step 7

Put duct tape on last remaining edge to keep it well sealed.

That's it!  Play with the bags and enjoy!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...