Laugh with us, cry with us, and learn about AUTISM!

Wednesday 28 November 2012

Book Review - Emergence Labeled Autistic


Another book I found at my local library is "Emergence Labeled Autistic" by Temple Grandin and Margaret M. Scariano.

This book is a true story written by a woman who has Autism.  It provides a real insiders look into the mind and body of an autistic person.  Temple Grandin's candid accounts gave me so much insight into life from my daughter's perspective.  I feel able to better deal with certain aspects of our lives having an idea of what is going through Josie's head.



"Emergence" also provides an amazing level of hope.  It shows that giving the therapies appropriate to the individual can help them come a long way.  Temple lives an amazing life, and is in my eyes truely a hero.

Reading this book gave me inspiration, as I'm sure it will for anybody who reads it.  I highly recommend "Emergence" for parents and caregivers of children with Autism, and for anybody who wants to further their insight.

As I said, I borrowed this book from my local library.  It is also available on Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...